Alliance Property Services will be handling all move outs and security deposit returns. Inspections of each residence will be conducted on-site upon lease expiration. Please make note of the following important instructions. Failure to follow these instructions carefully could result in loss or delay of your security deposit.
Online Checkout System
- You are required to use our ONLINE CHECKOUT SYSTEM. This is designed for efficiency and more accurate collection of information. It is a simple 2-minute process and will ask you your specific move out date, your forwarding address you want security deposit sent to, and other pertinent information. If you know your exact date you plan on moving, or have already moved out, you can use the form right now. Security deposits are returned in the order in which tenants check out. REMEMBER, you do not have to be moved out to submit the online checkout form. As long as you are certain on your actual move out date you can go ahead and do this now. If something changes with your move out date, you can make a revision in advance.
- Leases expire and the move out deadline is NO LATER THAN AUGUST 1 at 12 NOON. There will be an automatic $150 per day late charge for anyone not moved out by the deadline.
Condition of Unit
- It is necessary that the rental unit is completely empty on the move out deadline. Please ensure that ALL items, including those wishing to be discarded, are removed from the unit. Normal household trash goes into the regular dumpsters. Furniture and large items go into the large roll-off dumpster located by visitors parking. Do not leave old furniture, dishes, etc.. in the unit or next to the unit. You will be charged a fee for removal of any debris left behind.
- Please refer to the Security Deposit Refund Information page provided to each resident. Use this page as a checklist for move out and make sure that all items are taken care of. If you have any questions about the condition of an item, please contact us and we can review the damage reports. If there is an item that was on the damage reports you filled out upon move-in, then we have that on file and refer to that when inspecting the unit.
Utilities & Cable/Internet
- Do NOT call service providers to disconnect any utilities such as electricity, gas, water or sewer. Those are managed directly by University Townhomes.
- If you signed up for a cable/internet plan that is an UPGRADE Plan, please make arrangements for removal of just that service. LEAVE our standard cable/Internet service in place. You will be charged for a reconnection fee if you cancel our standard services. Be clear to the Spectrum representative when you call.
- IMPORTANT- All living room main Cable TV Set Top Boxes must be left in the living room with their power supplies, HDMI and coax cables. In addition, all CABLE MODEMS for the Internet must be left in the LIVING ROOM. If you have signed out an individual Cable TV Box from Spectrum for your individual bedroom, please return it directly to their office in Kent so you do not get charged individually by Spectrum. If you are unsure about what to do, contact us directly at 330-578-1200.
- Prior to your move out date, please fill out a change of address form for your regular mail at the Post Office or via their online form here United States Postal Service website.
- Change your Amazon and other online shipping addresses. We do not have the resources to assist former residents looking for packages delivered to their old address.
- Make sure all KEYS have been returned. Please put your house key in an envelope with your name clearly labeled on the envelope and place envelope on your bedroom window sill. Mailbox keys should be left on the kitchen counter next to the stove, or hanging on a hook by the front door.
- Security Deposits will typically be mailed within 30 days following the expiration of the lease. If the above guidelines are followed, you can expect your security deposit sooner. Items that may be deducted from the security deposits include excessive cleaning charges, damage charges, loss of keys, and failure to follow the guidelines in this procedure.
- Use of ONLINE CHECKOUT SYSTEM in advance of your move out date can potentially expedite the return of your security deposits. Security deposits are returned in the order of which move outs occur.
- Your move out process is being coordinated by Alliance Property Services. For specific questions, please contact DDAVIS.APSLLC@gmail.com or call 330-578-1200